Skip to content
- Detachable Magazines, introduced by “F” rated state Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg, prohibits the sale, purchase, manufacture, importation or transfer of all semi-automatic rifles that can accept detachable magazines.
- “High Capacity” Magazines, introduced by “F” rated state Senator Loni Hancock, bans the possession of “high capacity” ammunition magazines over ten rounds. Shotgun Definition, introduced by “F” rated state Senator Hanna-Beth Jackson,
- redefines a banned shotgun with a revolving cylinder to include the new technology of a shotgun-rifle combination. Ownership Record, also introduced by Senator Steinberg, requires firearm ownership records on ALL firearms.
- Gun Loans, introduced by “F” rated state Senator Marty Block, bans unregulated gun loans, with exceptions, including hunting.
- APPS Expansion, introduced by “F” rated state Senator Mark Leno, expands Armed Prohibitive Persons System (APPS) list to include more than two DUIs, among other crimes, and would prohibit those individuals from residing in a home with any firearms.
- Firearm Safety Certificate, introduced by Senator Block, establishes a safety certificate for handguns, mirroring the training currently required annually to lawfully carry a concealed weapon (CCW).
©1994-2018 Gun Owners of the San Fernando Valley
Re-publication permitted with attribution.